Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Brithday Chris!!

Chris celebrated his last birthday in his twenties on May 23rd. Thank goodness my parents were here so he was able to still have a birthday celebration as I was too tired to do much of anything! Father and son are exactly 10 days apart, kind of fun they have their birthdays close together. Thanks to my mom Chris enjoyed a delicious birthday dinner and she made us both our birthday cakes because she won't be here for my birthday. The cake was awesome, as usual. It was a mud cake cooked in the crock pot and served with mint chocolate chip ice cream in the center, one of Chris's favorites. It was a beach themed cake served with gummy worms, rock candy, Swedish fish in a sand pail and we even ate the cake with the little sand shovels. My dad also took Chris out for a movie and to give him a break of being cooped up in the house with me! They had a great time. Below you can see Chris enjoying playing with dry ice, admitting he is still a kid at heart (my parents had brought in their cooler for the long drive from Utah). He told them that was the greatest present! Thanks Mom and Dad, we had a great time!





2 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Happy Birthday Chris! How nice that your mom and dad can be there to help out.

You are looking great, Jessie! I would love to come out and see you and meet baby Caleb before we move up to Utah. We're still house hunting, but we'll be moving the very end of July. Let me know when you're available. Maybe I can convince my mom to watch MJ and I'll just bring Josie.

Jeri said...

I'm so glad Jim and Cindy were able to come for a few days. I'll bet it was hard for them to leave you guys to go home. Chris, so fun that they could be there for your birthday. Cake in a crock pot? I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds good. Chris, the dry ice picture is great! That's my boy! You used to love playing with the boxes your toys came in - as much as you enjoyed the toys.