Sunday, June 7, 2009

Coming Home

I'm posting this a little backwards in the timeline, but oh well. Caleb and I came home from the hospital 2 days after he was born. We were shooting for only one night in the hospital but a few hours after he was born I almost passed out, not a fun experience. My doctor suggested we stay one more night and I am so glad we did. We had only slept 2 hours the night before he was born and I wasn't able to eat during the day so my body was a bit overloaded. A little too much excitement for me! One more night of at least 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep helped immensely, especially because I didn't get much those first few nights home. Our first family pictures are posted below as well as the beautiful flowers Chris had waiting for me when we arrived home. We are so thankful Caleb arrived here safely!


Aren't these flowers beautiful?!


His first helicopter outfit!

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Love these pictures! I didn't notice there were helicopters on Caleb's outfit - way cute! Jessie, I had forgotten that you nearly passed out. How scary that must have been. I hope you can regain your health and energy soon! Love you guys!

Melissa Mae said...

K so this is a month late but how cute is this post! You two are such cute parents! Now that I've met that sweet little guy I appreciate these pics so much more! Love the helicopter jammies! I'm sure he'll have a few outfits with helicopters over the years!!!