Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Good Times

After viewing both Mike and Melissa's posts I thought I might throw my hat in the ring. Being the youngest I have fewer memories of Dad, but the ones I have are a constant reminder to me of the great person he was. When I think about the good times I find myself coming back to Sunday dinner. He would go lay down on the floor in the living room and Melissa and I would climb all over him, even after a big meal. I don't recall him ever reading anything but his scriptures, its still a wonderful example to me. His was a life without much glamor or fanfare as I recall, but he was kind and polite to those he didn't know. His example lives on in my memory and I thank him for that. Love you Papa.


1 comment:

Jeri said...

I'm so glad you do have memories of your dad, Chris. This picture that you posted was taken on the day of your baptism. I'm sure you remember that day.
I'm so glad that you're doing a blog! This is awesome!