Friday, December 12, 2008

Like Father, Like Son


Melissa mentioned the other day that Hell must have frozen over since we are now up to speed with the blogging world. I must say it has been a little nippy down here for a few days and it looks like rain. We are happy to announce that we will be welcoming a baby boy in May!! We have a few names, but we are still looking for the one that just jumps off the page. I have been reluctant to give out the names because when other people would mention names for their kids I would automatically assign those names with people I didn't like or tell them that I knew dogs that shared the same name. It makes me feel bad and now I'm the one shielding myself from possible dog names. The doctor who read the scan said everything was looking very good, but the umbilical cord insertion into the placenta was not as good as they were hoping for. He said it wasn't anything major to worry about and our O.B. would talk to us about it in the next visit. Otherwise, everything is going pretty well. Concerning the title, during the ultrasound the kid was turning and shielding himself in the groinal area so we couldn't see what the sex was. Just like a Lott baby to do the opposite of what you ask him. Like Father, Like Son.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I am SO EXCITED for you guys! Congratulations!!! I hope you're feeling okay, Jessie. And I'm so glad you started a blog. It will be so fun seeing pictures of the growing Baby Lott and keeping up on what's going on with you both!

Erica said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. You guys need a little Lott running around. Say goodbye to your clean house! I can't wait to see what he looks like. I am so glad that you joined the blogging world. It's so nice for me to keep up with everybody that way! Have a great Christmas!

Melissa Mae said...

So are you insinuating that you live in Hell? Or at least a place that is alomst as hot? I am so stinking excited to be able to read and see pictures of recent activities! Yea! I'm so happy! Thanks for joining the blogging world! Hope Jessie is feeling well. Love you guys!!

Pam said...

Congratulations to both of you. We are excited for you. Now move closer to us!!! Hope you are feeling good Jessie. Glad you are blogging. Fun to catch up.

Becky said...

Congrats on a baby boy!! I think you should name him Kevin :) I just love that name!

Jeri said...

You mentioning that dogs and kids sometimes share the same name reminds me of a cute story.

On the day that Aunt Judy was blessed, a young neighbor boy spoke right out loud in church (as Grandpa was blessing Judy and giving her a name) and said, "THAT'S THE DOG'S NAME!!"

And so it was. Judy was a dog that Grandpa had for years - and we all loved her.

You'll probably be okay as long as you don't name your baby boy "Stubby".

Sweet Notations said...

Just so you know, this is Mindy, i am so inept at the computer that I only have a business blog right now!!! Two things!!! Congrats on the boy!!!and where the heck did you come up with the verlin blog thing Scott and I are totallly laughing because that is has been his nickname( besides the Gaylord) for years and his middle name is Vernile. Is your middle name Vernile to?

Chris and Jessie said...

Verlin is my Grandpa Moons name. Its kind of wierd that both of my Grandpa's names are so alike. I couldn't figure a good name no one had thought of before so Jessie made the suggestion. I think its pretty unique.