Monday, January 12, 2009

Merry New Year!

I guess now is a good time to put up a few pictures from Christmas and our little vacation. We enjoyed coming home for the holidays, but I think next time we will have to fly because driving kind of sucks. We got stuck on Hoover Dam for over an hour and that was just at the dam. I won't bore you with the details, but to those of you who want to spend Christmas laying in the sun you should come here next time.

Jessie and I don't usually do much in the way of gift giving around this time of year because we usually do something else like going on vacation. Our tree was only three feet tall, but it did the trick since we didn't have many presents to put under there. Next time she gets me a book I think it needs to be a little bigger though (I don't like getting out my glasses).


We would also like to take this chance to thank those of you who helped make Jessie's baby shower a wonderful experience, whether you were with us or not. I'm pretty sure we won't have to do wash when he is born because we got enough clothes to cover the first two or three months. Just a quick sidenote, we spoke with our doctor the other day about the results of the last scan and she said cord insertion isn't going to be an issue it just means the umbilical cord didn't insert in the middle of the placenta as it usually does. We will be going in for one more scan in about a month. Thanks again to everyone who made our trip home a memorable one (there are pictures aplenty to document it just ask my Mom).

(p.s. aggression towards the duck is nothing to worry about, I have medication for that)

4 comments:

Jeri said...

Ah Chris, I do love your sense of humor! It was wonderful having you and Jessie home! I loved every minute that you were here. Jessie's shower was so much fun. Cindy and Audrey did a great job of planning it. I can't believe how many cute outfits you got for the baby. You may be surprised to see how many outfits your little one can go through in a day!
Love you all!

Melissa Mae said...

Wow!!!! Look at you go bro! I love the new layout! Music too...you could knock me over with a wet noodle!! I love it! It was so good to have you guys here. I am already counting down to the blessing. I second what mom said about how many outfits they can go through! FYI...Find some really good spray and wash stuff. I love you guys! I'm so glad to hear about your appt. that everything is ok. I fret till I can count every little toe and finger and all the tests are done after the birth. Then there are so many other things to fret about after that. Good luck!!

Jody said...

Hey guys! Found your blog on Melissa's and thought I'd see what you're up to. Congrats on a boy!! I'm a big fan of them. It's so much fun! Keep us posted on everything.

Tay and Teigan said...

Just found you're blog and I love it! Jessie you look fabulous pregnant. Congrats on your boy! Do you ever talk to any of the hair studio girls?